CoffeeHealthEffects.com is a website for the coffee drinkers who care about their health and have a keen interest in the effects of this or that product on the human body, intellectual and physical activity.
It's not even about how many coffees you have a day or what brewing method appeals to you, but rather how you can control the effects of coffee on your body and benefit from them, so that you can savour the drink.
First and foremost, CHE explores various aspects of the effects of coffee and caffeinated products on a person's health, touching upon both positive and negative ones. Each section of the website is a selection of interesting facts borne out by reliable sources.
Objective of the CoffeeHealthEffects
Nowadays one can find loads of information on advantages and disadvantages of coffee for the human body. From the very beginning we've tried hard not to dissolve in the ocean of scientific researches, blog posts and news which keep informing us about new properties of caffeine. However, when information abounds, we also have to deal with repeated facts which advocate either for or against coffee, while very often those facts are intended to promote a particular product on the market.
Our primary goal is to collect the most important and up-to-date information about coffee and present it in a structured intelligible way, so to say to separate the wheat from the chaff. We aim to make our publications interesting to read as well as enjoyable and rich as a morning coffee. On top of that, we are going to make the format most readable, so that you won't experience any "negative effects".
Where to Start: Outline
- Caffeine. This section is comprised of the key facts about caffeine, the main component of coffee and not only. It should be given close attention to, as caffeine is a stimulant to the central nervous system, which partially explains the effects it has. How does the science define caffeine? What side effects does it have? Can you become caffeine dependent? How much caffeine is it ok to avoid dependency? These are the questions we have answers for in this section.
- The right way to drink coffee. Coffee-drinking culture is a part and parcel of healthy diet. It's a well-known fact that 70% of the world population start their day with coffee. What are safe quantities: the number of cups a day, the dosage, peculiarities of a brewing method? Which varieties of coffee are more and which are less safe for health? Benefits of decaf. Who are coffee drinkers and what category you'd refer yourself to? What can make us abstain from coffee?
- Coffee and health. This is the core subject of the website. We have a complex approach to the effects of coffee on metabolism, on heart, brain and other organs and answer frequently asked questions: is it ok for pregnant women, chidlren and people sensitive to all kinds of stimulants to drink coffee? Some facts about coffee are likely to catch sportsmen's interest: is coffee allowed before or after a workout; what's its connection with losing or gaining weight?
To make it easier for you to move around in the section, we divided it into two subsections linked to the effects of coffee on health:
- Positive effects of coffee: what are the advantages and how can you benefit from it? Myth busting: we argue in favour of positive influence of coffee (and caffeine) on health.
- Negative effects of coffee: any side effects and problems caused by coffee. What dangers caffeine/coffee hides for people suffering from certain conditions in certain situations? We describe in detail how coffee affects heart and liver, whether it enhances the risk of diseases (cancer, Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular disease).
You can ask us any question related to caffeine and coffee via the "Contact Us" form. We will do our best to provide you with a detailed answer in the form of an article. Don't be afraid of making suggestions if you notice inaccuracy or can share professional knowledge of a subject. We're open for cooperation with medical specialists and barista as well as with the authors of related web resources.
We'll be grateful for your sharing information about us via Facebook or Twitter. We believe it is important to spread the word about this useful website among your nearest and dearest who you care for!